A couple months ago, I got a little gift in the mail from our friend and fellow prepper Ben R–the book “One Second After”, by William R. Forstchen.
With all the chaos over the last couple months, it took me a while to really get into it, but I finally finished it on my plane ride back from Nicaragua.
The book is essentially about the hypothetical effects of an EMP attack on the United States. There are a lot of really cool things about it, but I think the biggest thing I liked about it is that it got me asking questions.
Things I liked about it:
- Raises some great medical issues
- Martial law issues
- “Ugly” Survival Issues (eating your pets for food, etc.)
- Talks in detail about the process of rebuilding
- Main characters aren’t immune from death
The Biggest Con:
- One big “battle” part that’s a little farfetched at the end IMO (and it doesn’t even describe any of it, just skips to the aftermath)
Want More Prepping Articles?
Subscribe here to receive our updates by email.