If you guys have been with me long enough, you may have seen the first review I did of the Gerber Prodigy.
Unfortunately that review was somehow lost in migrating YouTube channels (it was done in terrible lighting and a bad camera anyway), so I’m posting this one to give you a better look at the knife.
What I like:
- Length: 9.75″ total, 4.75″ blade
- Weight: 7.2 oz as compared to the heavier LMF Infantry II at 11.6
- Combo edge–great for dual purpose use.
- Great over-molded rubber handle
- Fits my hand great
- American made
What I don’t like:
- Lighter weight doesn’t baton as well
- Combo edge doesn’t split as well
- Glass break pommel not great for hammering (as compared to a straight edge pommel)
Overall thoughts and impressions:
This is a lot of knife for the money (around $45). I have beat it into the ground and it hasn’t compromised or broken.
If this guy seems like a good fit for what you’re looking for, you can snag it here.
Want More Prepping Articles?
Subscribe here to receive our updates by email.