After a couple years of rubbing shoulders with the “gear review” world, I’ve come to realize a couple things:
- Gear reviews are frequently biased because the reviewer is getting free product.
- They often don’t show a product’s true capabilities–table top reviews, etc.
With this in mind, I’ve made the following changes to The Daily Prep’s gear review policy:
- I will probably say bad things about your product. This doesn’t mean I will invent things and be mean, but I will not shy down from pointing out things I see that could be improved upon.
- If I agree to review something, I will use it for it’s intended use (or as close to it as absolutely possible). If I like your product, we can brainstorm my review together. I’m not against trying to go hard and be extreme!
- I will return any and all products sent to me for review after I am done using and reviewing. Manufacturers are free to re-issue to somebody else for another review, take back into inventory and sell, or donate it to another worthy cause of their choosing.
If this doesn’t deter you, send me a note. I’d love to check out anything you think can help us take steps towards preparedness.